Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Winter wolf - painting

Painting journal

In preparation to paint a blue troll for the game Drako, Knights and Trolls I did this "winter wolf" with a miniature from the Descent boardgame.

Primer was the grey from the hardware store.

Base was Citadel Calgar Blue in the whole model.






In the hair behind the head and the end of the tail I applied Citadel Contrast Aethermatic Blue, therefore the greenish hue in those areas.





In the body and head I applied Green Stuff Intensity Ink Tenebrous Blue and for the mouth I used Green Stuff Intensity Ink Sacra Purple.







The outcome was missing contrast, so I tried some  dry brush highlights with a mixture of Vallejo Grey Wolf with a bit of the Tenebrous Blue ink.










The base of the model was done with an undercoat of Vallejo Grey Wolf and partial wash with a very diluted blue wash (also from Vallejo).
The eyes got a small dot in Vallejo Grey Wolf.







No comments: