Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Naga - Citadel contrast paints

After the phase spiders of the previous post I was so excited about the new contrast paints that I couldn't stop me of watching more videos and reading more about them on the web. Also I decided to buy and to try two other colours. My idea was to paint a Naga and maybe some demon-like creatures, so I went for a red and a orange, namely the Flesh Tearers Red and the Gryph-hound orange.

This is the final outcome (without doing the base of course):




Step by Step

1.- Primer: as in the previous post I used a generic grey primer, for general purpose, not specific for miniatures.

2.-  Flesh Tearers Red: I tried to come as close as possible to the spine scales as possible but letting space for the orange.



3.-  Gryph-hound orange: I covered, in as much as I was able to, only the spine scale.



4.- Head highlight: I applied Vallejo Dead bone white in all the head area.


5.- Totally painted the body with more red and put some metallic citadel leadbelcher on the eyes. My idea was to apply some contrast aethermatic blue for a metallic ghostly effect. I saw this on the web.
The teeth are done with Vallejo dead flesh and the tongue and inside of the mouth with Army Painter Alien purple.

Note the metallic eyes



6.- Thin layer of red on the head area.




7.- Several touches with contrast aethermatic blue on the eyes. I tried to put a pupil with some black but I am not happy with the outcome, the eyes look funny on close inspection...


Next I will try one in green...

No comments: